Wednesday, 29 June 2016
BNSF Derailment Update
Dear MOL Customer:
Please note the following update regarding the two BNSF trains carrying intermodal cargo which collided 25 miles east of Amarillo, Texas Tuesday morning.
· MOL customers with containers on these two trains have been contacted directly.
· As BNSF advises MOL of the status of each individual container, we are providing impacted customers the necessary details.
· BNSF is actively rerouting traffic around the derailment site.
· While we currently do not have any further information on the derailment site, please refer to the attached map which indicates the flow of the rerouting. If we receive more specific details from BNSF, we will share it with you.
· At this time, there is no estimated opening while the investigation occurs.
· Although all cargo moving to/from Southern California could be delayed while traffic is rerouted and service is restored, the estimated delay is not available at this time.
Please be assured that we will provide further updates as soon as they become available. We regret the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact the Shipment Management Center at 1-800-449-7575. As always, we appreciate your business.
MOL (America) Inc.