Wednesday, 06 December 2017
Update No.10 on the South Africa port operations and impact on Europe-South Africa (SRX) service
Dear MOL Customer,
Below you can find the most recent update on the next SRX service departures ex South Africa:
· Maersk La Paz Voy 176 A/B – Departed from Port Elizabeth on 2nd December; She berthed Cape Town (2nd call) on 5th December with estimated departure date 7th December. In order to protect the pre-Christmas arrival of grapes it was decided to omit the Algeciras Northbound call. In addition, London Gateway and Rotterdam arrival positions in Europe will be swapped.
· Maersk Luz voy 176 A/B – She berthed Durban on 5th of December, with departure now planned for 8th December PM. In order to recover her schedule along the South African Coast, she will omit Port Elizabeth and will proceed at maximum speed to Cape Town, where her arrival is set at 10th December with departure estimated at 13th December. The Port Elizabeth export cargo will be loaded on feeder Horizon to then connect onto Maersk Luz in Cape Town.
· DAL Karoo Voy 176A/B – She is currently on anchorage in Durban and scheduled to berth today, 6th December with departure set at 10th December. Her Port Elizabeth estimate berthing is 14th December with departure 15th December. Cape Town arrival (2nd call) is scheduled for 17th December with estimated sailing on December 18th. In order to recover from the delays, she will be omitting Algeciras Northbound call.
· MOL Proficiency Voy 176A/180B – Departed Coega (Ngqura) 30th November. She will be on anchorage in Durban and scheduled to berth 17th December, with an estimate departure set for 20th December. Her Port Elizabeth and Cape Town arrival and departure dates will be advised closer to the time
· Maersk Lanco Voy 176A/180B – She berthed Cape Town (1st call) 3rd December but due to strong winds, cargo operation was suspended. She shifted back on anchorage and is estimated for re-berth tonight, 6th December. Her departure is set for 7th December. Based on latest information available, we expect she will berth Coega (Ngqura) on 10th December, with departure on 11th. Her Durban arrival is scheduled at 20th December with departure 24th December. Her Port Elizabeth and Cape Town (2nd call) arrival and departure dates will be advised closer to the time
We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused and we will do the utmost to assist you to the best of our abilities.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact your local sales office. Contact details can be found on our website www.molpower.com.
MOL (Europe) B.V.