Wednesday, 20 December 2017
Update No.13 on the South Africa port operations and impact on Europe-South Africa (SRX) service
Dear MOL Customer,
Below you can find the most recent update on the next SRX service departures ex South Africa:
· DAL Karoo Voy 176A/B – Arrival Cape Town (2nd call) scheduled for 20th December with estimated sailing on December 22nd. In order to recover from delays, she will be omitting Algeciras Northbound.
· MOL Proficiency Voy 176A/180B – Berthed Durban DCT on 19th December, with an estimated departure set for 21st December. Her Port Elizabeth arrival is scheduled for 22nd December with same day departure. Arrival Cape Town (2nd call) is set for 24th December with departure on 27th December.
· Maersk Lanco Voy 176A/180B – Due to extreme wind conditions in Cape Town, she unfortunately had to perform a cut-and-run, not being able to complete cargo operations. Cape Town destined import containers which are still onboard, will be discharged in Coega (Ngqura), transferred to Port Elizabeth terminal to then connect to the Dal Karoo 176B. Maersk Lanco’s Durban arrival is scheduled for 21st December with estimated departure on the 24th December. Her Port Elizabeth estimated arrival time is set for the 28th December with departure on the 29th December. Her Cape Town (2nd call) arrival and departure dates will be advised later.
· Maersk Lavras 176A/180B – Due to severe wind conditions, it was decided to omit Cape Town (1st call) and have her proceed directly to Port Elizabeth instead of Coega (Ngqura). Arrival is scheduled for 20th December with departure on the 21st December. Her Durban estimate berthing is on 26th December with departure on 29th December. Her Port Elizabeth arrival and departure dates for the export call will be advised later.
· MOL Presence 176A/180B – Scheduled to berth Cape Town (1st call) on 22nd December, with departure set for the 23rd December. Her Coega (Ngqura) arrival is scheduled for 27th December with same day departure. Estimated berthing in Durban is 31st December with departure on 4th January. Her Port Elizabeth and Cape Town arrival and departure dates will be advised later.
· Barbara 180A – Scheduled to berth Cape Town (1st call) on 23rd December, with departure set for the 24th December. Her Coega (Ngqura) arrival is scheduled for 26th December with departure on 27th December. Her Durban arrival date will be advised closer to the time, after which she will phase out and be replaced with Maersk Lebu 180B to complete the Northbound voyage.
We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused and we will do the utmost to assist you to the best of our abilities.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact your local sales office. Contact details can be found on our website www.molpower.com.
MOL (Europe) B.V.