Friday, 02 February 2018
Transpacific Westbound PN2 Service: MOL Prestige (Update No. 2)
Dear MOL Customer:
Further to our notice of Friday, February 1, 2018 regarding the MOL-operated containership MOL Prestige V.048W on the PN2 service which has been delayed sailing from Vancouver due to an onboard fire, we would like to provide the following update on the status of the vessel.
- Fire is confirmed extinguished. The extent of damage to the engine room is still being assessed.
- Contingency tug has been arranged and dispatched for towing back to the nearest North American port. Estimated ETA on the scene is Saturday February 3 local time.
- Out of the five crew members who sustained minor burn injuries, two crew members have been air lifted to the hospital. All five members are stable.
- Vessel electric power is still under emergency generator supply. However, there’s no electricity supply for reefer units on board.
- Further assessment of cargo status is ongoing and underway.
We regret the inconvenience caused and will do everything reasonably possible in the circumstances to expedite cargo delivery. Please be assured that we will provide further updates as soon as they become available. If you have any further questions, please contact your MOL sales or customer service representative. As always, we appreciate your business.
MOL Liner Ltd.