Thursday, 08 February 2018
Transpacific Westbound PN2 Service: MOL Prestige (Update No. 5)
Dear MOL Customer:
We would like to provide the following update on the status of the MOL Prestige V.048W in the PN2 service which has been delayed sailing to Tokyo due to an engine room fire.
- Towing operation of the MOL Prestige is in progress towards the port of Seattle.
- Ocean tug DENISE FOSS gave notice that ETA Seattle is amended to 0800 PST / February 11 due to weather condition.
- After arriving at Seattle, investigation of ship status will be conducted and we will determine whether all cargo should be discharged or not.
- Vessel electric power is still under emergency generator supply. However, there’s no electricity supply for refrigerated units on board.
- The relief ship PAXI 101E/W will cover the original position of MOL Prestige V.049E/W position (PN2 service: ETD Singapore February 14) as per the original schedule.
We regret the inconvenience caused and will do everything reasonably possible in the circumstances to expedite cargo delivery. Please be assured that we will provide further updates as soon as they become available. If you have any further questions, please contact your MOL sales or customer service representative. As always, we appreciate your business.
MOL Liner Ltd.